PostGIS vs. Shapefile

Daniele Margotti margottid at COMUNE.LUGO.RA.IT
Thu Feb 10 11:01:24 EST 2005

Yes, Mapserver is in the same computer of PostGIS: a Linux Red Hat 9.
Computer is rather fast: I can dump a 33000-row table (14 Mb dumped to
file) in about 3 seconds.

And also when I connect from a Windows XP (via Lan) using ODBC drivers,
data are read very fast.

Only Mapserver is slow...

        Daniele

On Behalf Of Lyndon Tiu