mapserver with java support

Umberto Nicoletti unicoletti at PROMETEO.IT
Mon Feb 14 09:48:19 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 16:25 +0200, temiz wrote:
> Umberto Nicoletti wrote:
>
> >The basic steps to get java mapscript going are:
> >
> >1) compile mapserver. the following options are strongly suggested:
> >--use-threads --use-proj
> >
> >2) cd to mapscript/java
> >
> >3) read README
> >
> >4) optionally run make interface (in your case you shouldn't)
> >
> >4) run make
> >
> >5) run the examples: make test
> >
> >HTH,
> >Umberto
> >
> >On Mon, 2005-02-14 at 15:41 +0200, temiz wrote:
> >

> >>hello
> >>
> >>is this correct to compile mapserver with java support ?
> >>
> >>--with-java=/usr/local/j2sdk1.4.2_07/ \
> >>
> >>I am confused on mapserver - java installation in wiki's page
> >>is there any page or which shows steps to build an application for java?
> >>
> >>regards
> >>

> >>______________________________________
> >>XamimeLT - installed on mailserver for domain @deprem.gov.tr
> >>Queries to: postmaster at deprem.gov.tr
> >>______________________________________
> >>The views and opinions expressed in this e-mail message are the sender's own
> >>and do not necessarily represent the views and the opinions of Earthquake Research Dept.
> >>of General Directorate of Disaster Affairs.
> >>
> >>Bu e-postadaki fikir ve gorusler gonderenin sahsina ait olup, yasal olarak T.C.
> >>B.I.B. Afet Isleri Gn.Mud. Deprem Arastirma Dairesi'ni baglayici nitelikte degildir.
> >>

> thank you for your help
>
> I am not clear on what  the usage of  "--use-threads --use-proj" is ?

Sorry, I did not make clear that they are configure options.

--use-threads provides thread safety support in java mapscript. This is
*compulsory* if you want to use mapscript in servlets or jsps

--with-proj is not necessary, but I found that not using it could lead
unresolved compilation symbols in libmapscript.so. You might want to
skip this option the first time. It requires proj to be installed.

Regards,
Umberto

--
Umberto Nicoletti <unicoletti at prometeo.it>