Buffer query

Camden Daily cdaily at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 14 10:33:46 EST 2005

I'm not entirely certain, but I don't believe that the toleranceunits
need to be in the same projection units as the point or layer.  If
you're just trying to find x number of points within 500 kilometers, I
don't think you have to reproject at all.  You only need to reproject
if you then want to find out exactly how many kilometers away a shape
is (using distanceToShape).  Even then, it might be faster to only
reproject the shapes you get in your results, as opposed to the entire
layer.

That said, I think the reason you're not receiving any results is
because when you set your tolerance and toleranceunits, you might need
to put those in quotes [$tmp_layer->set("tolerance", 500);].  If
that's not the issue, a good debugging step might be to see if you can
get it to work by setting the tolerance and toleranceunits in the map
file itself and see if it works.

-Camden Daily