Semantics of [layer_status]

Pierrick Brihaye pierrick.brihaye at CULTURE.GOUV.FR
Tue Feb 15 09:02:46 EST 2005

Hi,

Given the following definition (from
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc44/html-legend-howto.html) :

[if name=layer_status value=...] ... [/if]
(value is the layer's status in integer format: 0=OFF, 1=ON, 2=DEFAULT)

Given the following snippet from my legend template :

<input type=checkbox name=layer value=[leg_layer_name]
                        [if name=layer_status value=2]CHECKED[/if]>

When I call mapserver with just a "map" parameter (i.e. without any
"layer" parameter), I would expect that the layers which are labelled
with "STATUS ON" in the mapfile were checked in the legend (and thus
visible  on the map)... and vice-versa.

This is not the case. Am I missing something or is my Mapserver version :

<!-- MapServer version 4.4.0-beta3 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT SUPPORTS=WCS_SERVER
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE DEBUG=MSDEBUG -->

... just too old ?

Cheers,

--
Pierrick Brihaye, informaticien