MapServer Compilation

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Wed Feb 16 17:47:34 EST 2005

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 13:56:22 -0500, Carlos Arturo Trujillo Silva
<trujillo.carlos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, I`m compilating MapServer on AIX, but I have the follow error:
>
> -L/lib -lz -L/lib -lXpm -lX11  -L/usr/local/lib -lproj
> -L/opt/freeware/lib -ljpeg           -lpthread -lm -lstdc++  -o
> shp2img
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .msAcquireLock
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .msGetThreadId
> ld: 0711-317 ERROR: Undefined symbol: .msReleaseLock
> ld: 0711-345 Use the -bloadmap or -bnoquiet option to obtain more
> information.  collect2: ld returned 8 exit status
> make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1

Carlos,

There are two implementations of the MapServer threading API available.
One uses pthreads and one uses the win32 API.  However, by default all
the thread calls should be compiled out.

Did you configure "--with-threads"?  If you don't need threads, just
configure --without-threads.

It seems most likely that you have configured, done a first build, and then
somehow altered the build configuration and rebuilt without cleaning the old
version away.

Best regards,