developer wishlists [summary]

Umberto Nicoletti unicoletti at PROMETEO.IT
Sat Feb 19 05:14:24 EST 2005

I vote for better multi-threading support.

Thanks,
Umberto

On Thu, 2005-02-17 at 18:21 +0100, Bart van den Eijnden wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> there was a thread on the mapserver-dev list from which the outcome might
> be interesting for the users list, so I am posting a summary here. If you
> want to read the whole thread, look for a thread named "wishlists" in the
> Mapserver dev archives (feb 2005).
>
> Just a warning: it's not sure that all things are gonna happen, some items
> are also exploration items ... and ofcourse funding can always speed up
> development.
>
> The following items were on the wishlists of the Mapserver developers
> (among others):
>
> -support for colorbars.
>
> -reworking Mapserver query mechanism so that it becomes more efficient for
> database sources and OGR sources. E.g. Mapserver WFS will benefit from
> this.
>
> -better multi-threading support.
>
> -ability to hold raster data sources open (fast-cgi).
>
> -style level feature opacity.
>
> -explore Cairo as a graphic engine instead of GD.
>
> -SDE joins.
>
> -more mature SDE raster support.
>
> -Oracle Spatial 3D support.
>
> -performance tuning.
>
> -security audits.
>
> -easy installation.
>
> -ability to work in pre-canned maps mode (like google maps).
>
> -integration with the GEOS engine.
>
> Best regards,
> Bart
>
> --
Umberto Nicoletti                               <Mercury> At that point it will
+390415701366   unicoletti at prometeo.it          compile, but segfault, as it should..
Prometeo S.R.L. The Software Experience