gayathri@ou.edu

Mahalakshmi Narayanan mhln25 at YAHOO.COM
Mon Feb 21 02:41:31 EST 2005

Hi List!

We at National Informatics Centre, Chennai (under
Ministry of Info. Technology) had presented a paper on
"Web GIS for Census of Tamil Nadu using Open Source
Software" in Map India 2005 conference held recently
during 7-9 February, at New Delhi.  It looks like we
won one of the best paper awards there (we were not
there for the final session).

 We had also presented a poster presentation "GIS -
Open Source Initiatives", during GSDI 7'th meet at
Bangalore last year and we bagged one of the best
poster awards (again we came to know of the award
pretty later).  The document is available at
http://gsdidocs.org/gsdiconf/GSDI-7/papers/Prg.pdf

All the credits go to Developers of Open Source GIS
Software! Wish we could also contribute to Open Source
sometime..

With regards,
Mahalakshmi Narayanan

National Informatics Centre