WFS Client trouble on Windows 2003, Mapserver hangs (OGR/cache is sue?)

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 21 10:05:07 EST 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 15:54:05 +0100, Dijken, M. van (Martin)
<Martin.van.Dijken at rijnmond.politie.nl> wrote:
> I've installed fwtools 0.9.4 and 0.9.6 on Windows 2003 Server last week. It
> is running, but my main application namely as WMS Server for multiple WFS
> layers won't run. This is what happens:
>
> - I start the process by calling the WMS
> - I see the WMS calling my WFS
> - The WFS delivers data which mapserv starts downloading to my cachedir
> - Halfway or so through downloading mapserv.exe suddenly hangs and stops
> downloading the GML. It does keep a cursor open because I can't delete the
> file.

Martin,

This sounds suspiciously like a problem reported last week on
Linux.  That fellow reported things worked find with the same
setup on windows but broke on linux.  This makes me start to
wonder if there might be some sort of intermittent issue with
the way things are saved to the cache.

One thing to keep in mind when reporting problems related to
FWTools builds is to note that they are MapServer 4.5 (aka CVS
head) derived, not 4.4.1.

Best regards,