Displaying dynamic pushpins

Didrik Pinte dpinte at ITAE.BE
Tue Feb 22 02:07:40 EST 2005

Le lundi 21 février 2005 à 13:46 -0800, Ken Lord a écrit :
> Hi Alex,
>
> I have not yet implemented it, but I have plans to do something
> similar to what you are doing.  You may not want to tackle it the way
> we will be, but maybe it will give you some ideas.
>
> In my case, I will be creating the points by using an ASP webpage to
> write the new points to a PostGIS database table that will be
> displayed by mapserver, using the new windows friendly
> postgresql/postGIS package.

I'm just doing the same thing for one of my clients. The easiest way to
do it :

Insert the new coordinates in two columns of your destination table.
Have a trigger that updates the POINT object using the new coordinates
on insert or on update.

Then have a mapserver layer on the postgis POINTs

Didrik