PHP Mapscript and CMS

Paul Scott pscott at UWC.AC.ZA
Tue Feb 22 10:51:05 EST 2005

I too have am working on integating PHP/Mapscript into a CMS/Learning
Management System, kewl.NextGen (http://kngforge.uwc.ac.za/nextgen)

I plan on doing this this year still, and it will be totally modular
(much like XOOPS).

The curent implementation of Nextgen is as a LMS, but it can easily be
configured as a CMS, by registering only the CMS Specific modules.

Please note that NextGen is in Beta phase only, so much of it is
experimental!

--Paul

>>> Borgermans Paul <pborgerm at SCKCEN.BE> 02/22/05 4:37 PM >>>

Not yet but we plan to integrate with eZ publish (http://ez.no), also
php based. In prototyping, I stored the meta data for querying inside eZ
publish (which has a nice flexible content model) and a corresponding
template queried a mapserver instance with the meta data (at that time
only the php cgi version worked with mapserver while eZ publish is
mod_php). All that was a 10 minute job after the installation of
mapserver,  as it boiled down to only a few lines of  eZ template code.

We will in the next months write a eZ publish module for more
flexibility, but it won't be finished by the end of the year.

-paul