which gdal steps

Frank Warmerdam fwarmerdam at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 24 18:51:49 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Feb 2005 00:43:07 +0100, joerg pfeiffer <superbla3000 at gmx.net> wrote:
> hello,
>
> I converted a .mrsid with globalmapper into a huge geotiff.
> Now I would like to reproject it into lat/long, build tiles and overviews.

Joerg,

Assuming your GeoTIFF input is in.tif, you would do something like:

gdalwarp in.tif latlong.tif -t_srs WGS84 -co TILED=YES
gdaladdo latlong.tif 2 4 8 16 32 64 128 256

The warp reprojects to lat/long (WGS84) and the output file is
created tiled.  The gdaladdo call adds overviews.  You might want
to skip the level 2 overview if you are wanting to avoid using too
much disk space.   Keep in mind that TIFF files cannot be larger
than 4GB.

Best regards,