classifying with an external datasource

Holger Flörke floerke at DOCTRONIC.DE
Fri Feb 25 07:46:29 EST 2005

Hi Richard,

I did not find any way to add dynamically values to shapes from a
shapefile. Setting those values with php/mapscript does not work and
modifying the classindex attribute does not work. I ended with producing
dynamically a new dbf file (caution the order of the rows in the dbf has to
be exact the order of the shapes in the shapefile) and wrote a
php/mapscript extension where I can tell mapserver to use the new dbf file
instead of the shape-dbf file.

HolgeR

--
holger floerke                      d  o  c  t  r  o  n  i  c
email floerke at doctronic.de          information publishing + retrieval