Itasca 3.5 Demo Error on Mapserver 4.4.1

David Radcliffe rati at POST.COM
Mon Feb 28 00:28:12 EST 2005

Hi there,

I'm getting exactly the same problem, only with the latest rendition of
the demo, source and libraries.

When I encounter the failure, I can trace it to a call to 'rewind' in the
function 'int msAddImageSymbol(symbolSetObj *symbolset, char *filename)',
defined within mapsymbol.c on line 488 (of version 4.4.1 of the source).

It appears as though the program is failing when it tries to rewind a file
pointer back to the start of an image file (given a stream). I can't
explain why this is happening.

Here's the query string I've been using:
layer=lakespy2&layer=dlgstln2&zoomsize=2&map=itasca.map&program=mapserv.exe
&root=.&map_web_imagepath=tmp&map_web_imageurl=tmp&map_web_template=itasca_
basic.html

This occurs with the latest binary version AND all versions I have
compiled myself. I am using Windows XP Professional with SP2 installed.

Can anyone offer any explanation as to what is happening?

Thanks,

David