Railroad symbol

Camden Daily cdaily at GMAIL.COM
Mon Feb 28 11:21:11 EST 2005

Dylan,

Thanks for the insight.  I finally got mine working just the way I
wanted, with two lines and 'ties' in between that angle with the
railroad.  Here's how I'm doing it:

  LAYER
    NAME "rail"
    TYPE LINE
    STATUS OFF
    DATA "rail"
    CLASS
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 'rail_line'
        COLOR 60 60 60
        SIZE 1
        OFFSET -2 -2
      END
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 'tie'
        COLOR 60 60 60
        SIZE 9
      END
      STYLE
        SYMBOL 'rail_line'
        COLOR 60 60 60
        SIZE 1
        OFFSET 2 2
      END
    END
    PROJECTION
      "init=epsg:4326"
    END
  END

  SYMBOL
    NAME 'rail_line'
    TYPE ellipse
    FILLED true
    POINTS
      1 1
    END
  END

  SYMBOL
    NAME 'tie'
    TYPE TRUETYPE
    FONT "arial"
    CHARACTER "I"
    GAP -10        # force mapserver to angle the symbol
  END

-Camden