Setting up GMAP for MS4W

Lahn Pra frstylrz at JUNO.COM
Mon Feb 28 15:25:28 EST 2005

Hi.. I'm a bit confused as to how to set up GMAP_ms4w for a precompiled
version of MS4W that I installed. I got the MS4W(4.4.1) and GMAP from
maptools.org. I read the GMAP installations. I extracted into the root and
created a c:\tmp\ms_tmp folder like it asked. Next, it says to create an
alias in the Apache configuration. I'm new to MapServers (Web Servers in
general) and not too familiar as to what this means. I'm assuming that I am
supposed to insert an 'Alias' pointing to the ms_tmp file.."?" into the
c:\ms4w\httpd.d -httpd_gmap.conf file? or the c:\apache\conf -httpd.conf
file?

I've tried both. Changes in the httpd.conf file resulted in errors. The
Mapserver ended up loading pages with missing images. My 'httpd_gmap.conf'
file looks like this...

Alias /gmap/ "/ms4w/apps/gmap/htdocs/"
Alias /gmap/ "/ms4w/tmp/ms_tmp"

I made the changes and restarted the apache server. It doesn't work. In
addition.. when I do try to access the Gmap link, I get the following
error..
---
Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic
library '/ms4w/Apache/php/extensions/php_mapscript_36.dll' - The specified
module could not be found. in C:\ms4w\apps\gmap\htdocs\gmap75.phtml on line
50

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: ms_getversion() in
C:\ms4w\apps\gmap\htdocs\gmap75.php3 on line 51
----

I think I may be doing this entirely wrong. If someone can help, tha'd be
great. Thanks.