Itasca 3.5 Demo Error on Mapserver 4.4.1

David Ratcliffe rati at POST.COM
Mon Feb 28 21:22:05 EST 2005

Thank you Ken, using the binaries from the site you suggested did the
trick. Mapserver is now working on my system.

However, I might have found a reason as to why we were getting that error.
I refer you to my latest post (Tues 1 March EST), "Problem with Mapserver
4.4.1 compiled with Visual Studio .NET"

Basically, I think the source (for 4.4.1 at least) doesn't like to be
compiled using Visual Studio .NET. I tried using Visual Studio 6
(NOT .NET) and it all worked. Since we got the same errors from the
binaries from the Mapserver website, I think they might have been compiled
using Visual Studio .NET as well.

I hope this information saves others from having to deal with this
problem...

-David