UTM at the zone's boundary.

Krung Saengpole saengpole at YAHOO.COM
Mon Jul 4 02:05:12 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have trouble using data from GPS at the zone's boundary. My test area was around the boundary of UTM zone 47P and 48P. When I got data from 47P, it showed x coord. like 823311.6, and if went into zone 48P it showed x coord like 176668.35.  But in all of my shape files, eg. rivers streets etc, its x coord. is smoothly continuous as 823311.6 in zone 47P and 894240 in zone 48P.

How can I translate UTM values in 48P to be continued from 47P zone? Or should you point me to the right place to find the information about this?

Any advice will be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Krung.