Line layers from OGR Virtual Spatial Data?

Jim Bilsborough jim at CCSSERVICESOFVA.COM
Wed Jul 6 11:44:36 EDT 2005

Hi List
I've been attempting to create a Layer via ORG Virtual Spatial Data.
Currently the source data is an MS Access database, but could be anything
(might even wind up being a CSV).  I was hoping to create a layer that
would show specific points AND join those points with a connecting line.  I
think I've tried every conceivable permutation of OGR GeometryType and
Mapfile LAYER TYPE, but to no avail.  Finally today I read in the WIKI that
(as at Sept 2004) only POINT layers are supported.  If this is, indeed, the
case, what purpose does the OGR GeometryType attribute serve?

Finally, and most importantly, can anyone recommend a solution for
displaying connected points from a virtual source - ideally, in relatively
layman's terms!

TIA
Jim
jim @ ccsservicesofva.com