Maperver and IIS question

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Fri Jul 8 14:16:01 EDT 2005

Dear GOM -

If NOTHING happens when you click on those buttons, then check your
browser setup.  If the form is being submitted, then IIS should return
SOMETHING, even if it's an error message.  If nothing happens, then it
seems that the form is disabled.  Is JavaScript being used in that demo?
Is JavaScript enabled in both browsers?

Look at the difference in the BROWSERS, not in the servers.

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com / Maps a la carte, Inc.
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
ed at topozone.com
(978) 251-4242

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On
Behalf Of GOM
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2005 2:11 PM
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Maperver and IIS question

Thanks Ed,

I have not used this list much and will try to be more explicit in the
subject line.

Yes the form submit points to mapserv.  What I had hoped to get across
but did not state clearly enough is this.

I have two side by side machines with the same installs of the demo.
The XPPro and IIS 5 demo works perfectly.  The Windows 2003 and IIS 6
demo does not.  So I have not suspected the HTML.  I am willing to look
at anything.
I know these things have a logical explanation so I will look at the
HTML and anything else I can and see what I come up with.  If you have
any suggestions as to how I can simplify things for testing that would
be great.  I will try to set up a generic page om IIS6, with no
mapserver, and see what happens with form submits etc.  See if it is
something related to HTML code etc.

Thanks again.