MySQL integration

Attila Csipa plists at PROMETHEUS.ORG.YU
Wed Jul 13 04:38:49 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 13 July 2005 02:18, Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] wrote:
> We have compiled MapServer with --with-mygis support (MySQL 4.1), and
> are trying to add some data from MySQL tables.  The data was loaded
> using libmygis (http://jcole.us/software/libmygis/).

--with-mygis does _not_ use the spatial extension of MySQL 4.1 and thus cannot
use spatial data from 4.1 tables. It relies on standard mysql column types
like int, varchar, blob, etc and acts as a wrapper providing the needed
spatial functions itself (that's why it works even with mysql 3.x). It stores
data according to the OpenGIS simple features SQL standard (for which
shp2mysql is a converter).