Mapserver viewer framework with tool tip (hint box)?

Luca Manganelli luca76 at GMAIL.COM
Tue Jul 19 01:55:16 EDT 2005

Hi,

I'm in the searching for a framework (Chamaleon, Mapbuilder,
Mapbender, etc) that gives the possibility to show a tip box ("hint
box" for someone else) [*] showing the fields of a attribute over the
mouse.

The main page of mapbender http://www.mapbender.org/ gives a
demonstration with a tipbox (pass your mouse over the blue points).

But mapbender has the documentation and mailing list written mainly in
german, which I don't understand a lot.

Someone suggested me Chamaleon and Mapbuilder, but I don't know if
they does support for tip box.

I.e.: when I pass the mouse over a point, I would like to know some
attributes (fields) of that point...

[*] http://www.cvs-ext.com/tooltip.gif   - the tool tip is the yellow box