ODBC/OVF connection

Emil Zegers taatuut at PLANET.NL
Tue Jul 19 06:46:49 EDT 2005

Hello Pierro and Bart,

Good input Bart, I didn't know yet the CONFIG parameter could be used for
this. Comes in handy when youy don't want to set environment variables.

But it seems for OVF it is never necessary to use LayerSRS as long as you
put the PROJECTION parameter in the LAYER object in the map file or am I
missing something?

Regards,

Emil

-----Original Message-----
From: UMN MapServer Users List [mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU]On
Behalf Of Piero Cavalieri
Sent: dinsdag 19 juli 2005 12:17
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] ODBC/OVF connection

Hello Emil,

Yes PROJ is set right. MapServer app was working fine without OGR/OVF.
I removed SRS key form ovf file, and solved the problem (I have SRS code
also in .map, so maybe it's ok so). Frank suggested me that maybe is
necessary for GDAL_DATA to point to the GDAL files like
gcs.csv and pcs.csv. I had this files on devel machine from OpenEV
installation (which set GDAL_DATA, I think), which I didn't installed on
production machine. However it seems to me that "normal" installation of
MapServer does not require separate GDAL installation, so this thing, if
true, should be  written somewhere (I installed OpenEV on production
machine before deleting SRS key form ovf, but had the same error; maybe a
reboot was needed, but I wanted reboot production machine).

Thanks
    P.