Virtual Spatial Data and MySQL client

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Thu Jul 21 11:08:38 EDT 2005

Hi list,

I can't connect to a MySQL database using the MySQL client in OGR. I am using MySQL client 4.1 on a 4.1 localhost database. It works fine through ODBC.

It looks like GDAL/OGR is trying to log in with a different user than I specify, the Windows user logged on to the computer, how come?

I get the following:

D:\ms4w\apps\stragisweb\htdocs\sites\mdwh\data>ogrinfo bedrijven_mysqlclient.ovf

ERROR 4: Update access not supported for VRT datasources.
Warning 1: 'database=westholland' in MYSQL datasource definition not recognised
and ignored.
ERROR 1: MySQL connect failed for: user=root,password=psv9570,port=3306,database
=westholland
Access denied for user 'BEN'@'localhost' (using password: YES)
FAILURE:
Unable to open datasource `bedrijven_mysqlclient.ovf' with the following drivers
..
  -> ESRI Shapefile
  -> UK .NTF
  -> SDTS
  -> TIGER
  -> S57
  -> MapInfo File
  -> DGN
  -> VRT
  -> AVCBin
  -> REC
  -> Memory
  -> CSV
  -> GML
  -> ODBC
  -> MySQL
  -> OCI

With the following ovf file:

<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="bedrijven">
        <SrcDataSource>MYSQL:user=root,password=psv9570,port=3306,database=westholland</SrcDataSource>
 	<SrcLayer>bedrijven</SrcLayer>
	<GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <LayerSRS>epsg:28992</LayerSRS>
	<GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="LCO_XCOORDINAAT" y="LCO_YCOORDINAAT"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

Thanks in advance (again :-) ).

Best regards,