hyperlink in a map

Dylan Beaudette dylan at IICI.NO-IP.ORG
Thu Jul 21 16:35:26 EDT 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 10:22 am, Bob Bruce wrote:
> Nuri:
>       I use the imagemap feature of MapServer to do this. Right now there
> is only support for vector symbols and the 'out of the box' support only
> allows for a single URL to be referenced for all symbols. I have made my
> own MapServer modifications (which I still need to upload to the website)
> that allow for individual symbols to be mapped uniquely, if you are into
> building MapServer then I can provide those changes to you.

Bob,

Thanks for posting this very helpful link.

I have successfully replicated the example on the Wiki. However, is there any
way to manipulate the attribute that gets saved to the <MAP> definition? i.e.
is it possible to write a specific attribute from my vector data to the <MAP>
definition, as opposed to the default numbers (0,1,2...) ?

thanks!

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis