off topic: earth.google.com

Andy Canfield andy.canfield at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jul 23 20:34:31 EDT 2005

Bob,
As long as you have it reprojected already then you should be good to go. Just
write a simple routine that writes the xml and put the coordinates in the
appropriate places. Like SVG you can reference display styles so just put
those at the start of the document and then you can make your lines and
points appear as you want them displayed. You could probably knock out a real
nice writer for your drawings in a day.

Not exactly on the subject but you said you have used Mapserver and Proj4 from
within Acad before? Can you programatically pass variables between Lisp and
Proj4 (or Mapserver) to convert points then use those converted points within
the Lisp routine that passed them to Proj4? Or does it require a user to read
the output from Proj4/Mapserver and then use/enter those converted values? I
had always thought that AutoLisp had to communicate with C programs via
resbuf linked list structures if you wanted to use the variable again once
the C routine was done with it. Is this not the case? I haven't done much
Lisp <-> C cross application programming.

In kind of a roundabout way using Map5 to reproject is interesting because
Map5 uses FMEObjects to do file transformations and FMEObjects uses a lot of
the code from Gdal/Ogr. I wonder if behind the scenes it's already using
Proj4 in a very round about way.
Andy