mapserver tif projections

Ethan Alpert ealpert at DIGITALGLOBE.COM
Thu Jul 28 15:55:28 EDT 2005

You should be using the units of the laea projection rather than decimal
degrees to set the EXTENT.

It's very difficult to know from a lat/long box what the output of the
projection will be. It's best to use the units of the projected
coordinate system.

-e

	  EXTENT -85 32 -75 38

	Should the extent be in meters?  Isn't putting the projection in
the layer supposed to make that transformation?  All of my other layers
just use lat/lon not LAEA and they work fine.  So, I'm mixing two types
of coordinates here, and it's still a mystery to me as far as how this
is supposed to work.