MapServer 4.6.0-beta2 64bit Perl/Mapscipt Problem

Sean Gillies sgillies at FRII.COM
Wed Jun 1 20:12:08 EDT 2005

On Jun 1, 2005, at 5:08 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:

> Sean Gillies wrote:
>> On Jun 1, 2005, at 3:33 PM, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have a user that has installed MapServer 4.6.0-beta2 ( we are also
>>> trying with beta3 ) and built Perl Mapscript, But it is dying with:
>>>
>>> *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption: 0x00000000012817c0
>>>  ***
>>>
>>> mapscript::mapObj::new(/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/x86_64-linux-
>>> thread-multi/mapscript.pm:1408):
>>>
>>> The code works fine on another system with a 32bit CPU, but this box
>>>  has
>>>   a 64bit AMD chip in it and is running suse 9.2 - standard install.
>>>
>>> Is this a known problem? is there a work-a-round?
>>>
>>> -Steve W.
>>>

>> This is the first report I'm aware of, and I need a bit more context
>> before I can even begin to speculate.
>>
>> cheers,
>> Sean
>
> Sorry, I forgot to mention that this is happening on
>
>      my $oMap = new mapscript::mapObj($szMapFile);
>
> First call to mapscript in the script. What more can I provide?
>
> -Steve

Hmm. 64-bit mapscript chokes on Systems Hungarian notation? ;) Just
kidding. Can you run the script under gdb? Is it a debug build of
mapserver/mapscript?. The other option is to try an "empty" mapfile
like

   map = mapscript.mapObj()

and after that incrementally build up to the full mapfile. Along the
way you may be able to find out what the offending element is.

Sean