multiple join - shp to dbf

Alberto Gomez agomez at CCCMM.CESGA.ES
Fri Jun 3 04:31:43 EDT 2005

Messageok, i've got my mapserver and the shapefiles in the web server. I want to join a shapefile with a dbf file what is located in another server, so i have to get it trough '\\server\GIS\table.dbf'. That's my problem, with mapserver running in localhost it works great or when the dbf file is located in my HD, but when i try access from internet i get this error: (Z: disk is a mapping to a machine called 'server')

msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. ExecuteSQL(SELECT fshape.*,fdbf.* FROM POLIGONOS fshape LEFT JOIN 'z:/GIS/ESZBAT.DBF'.ESZBAT fdbf ON fshape.POLIGONO = fdbf.POLIGONO) failed. Unable to open secondary datasource
`z:/GIS/ESZBAT.DBF' required by JOIN.

    I have tried with "\\server\gis..." but it no works. It seems to be a privileges problem as Emil advised to me and I've tried to change in IIS the IUSR_SERVER to access anonymously by a user who belongs to my domain, even with admin privileges, but with any result. What about folder permissions?

    Any ideas?

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Gambin Dejan
  To: Alberto Gomez
  Sent: Friday, June 03, 2005 9:16 AM
  Subject: RE: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] multiple join - shp to dbf

  I must admit I don't understand it quite well. dbf file is on the server but not web server? Your mapserver is on the web server and must have access to this dbf file?

  I really don't remember what my problem was but I wouldn't say it was "unable to open secondary datasource"

  if I can help you just say

  dejan