Updating MapServer Source - How is this done?

Bob Bruce covariance at SHAW.CA
Sat Jun 4 15:54:46 EDT 2005

I have recently finished making changes to the core MapServer and the PHP
MapScript in order to produce uniquely identified areas for symbols in
imagemaps. I have tested these on my development websites on Windows and
UNIX and will soon be included in a production website.

Should I submit these changes for inclusion in the regular releases of
MapServer (I am quite happy to do so). If so, could someone please give me
pointers on how to do this since I am a novice in this area?

thanks,
        Bob Bruce, Winnipeg, Manitoba