rendering images from ArcSDE

Thijs Brentjens thijs.brentjens at GEODAN.NL
Mon Jun 6 10:43:35 EDT 2005

Thanks for replying so quickly. We're using ArcSDE 8.3 (not 9 yet), so maybe
the problem is ArcSDE 8.3. Another note: sometimes Mapserver returns ok
images, sometimes they are corrupt.

Thijs
-----Original Message-----
From: Liz Godwin <godwin.liz at GMAIL.COM>
To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2005 10:26:44 -0400
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] rendering images from ArcSDE

I think I had a similar problem once.  I think it was due to having the SDE
version 8.x client installed with Mapserver, but connecting to ArcSDE
version 9.

The upgrade resolved the problem.

Liz Godwin

On 6/6/05, Thijs Brentjens <thijs.brentjens at geodan.nl> wrote:
Hi list,

When serving a WMS layer on an ArcSDE database, the map images seem to be
rendered incorrectly. These kind of corrupt images are only rendered when an
ArcSDE layer is requested. When setting the formatoption "INTERLACE=OFF",
the stripes disappear, but the image is still not rendered completely.

I've attached three files: one with layers from shapefiles only (interlace
on), one with an ArcSDE layer (interlace on) and one with an ArcSDE layer
with interlace off. IE can't display these images (Firefox can).

The problem doesn't seem to depend on the image format. It happens both with
JPEG and PNG images.

We're using mapserver 4.4.2, compiled against GDAL 1.2.5 on a linux
platform.

Does anybody have a clue what is happening here?

best regards,
Thijs