PHP Mapscript queryByPoint and layer maxscale question

Marek Pisch marek.pisch at CLAERO.COM
Mon Jun 6 14:12:50 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a problem with PHP mapscript queryByPoint function.
map->queryByPoint($XY_geo, MS_MULTIPLE, $searchArea);

I'm getting a general error:
Warning: [MapServer Error]: msQueryByPoint(): No matching record(s)
found.

I played with this too long and I've found that something is wrong with
my layer MAXSCALE value in my map file.
When I do not use MAXSCALE for querying layer everything works fine. I
want to display that layer only when zooming close enough, but I want to
query that layer all the time.
When I'm using quryByRectangle it works fine all the time. Is it mean
that queryByRectangle does not care about MAXSCALE of layer and
queryByPoint does?

I have one work around solution. I can remove function queryByPoint and
use only queryByRectangle. But I really would like to know, why it is
working
differently for mentioned two functions.

Thank you for your ideas.

Marek Pisch
Software Developer
Calgary, AB, Canada
http://members.shaw.ca/marekpisch

*** June 2005 Claero Systems News ***
- Claero Solutions launches FIRE, an oil field invoicing system http://www.fieldinvoice.com
- welcome 3 new employees: Fieran Mason-Blakley, Gavin Ostlund, and Marek Pisch
- welcome 2 new clients: Centini's Restaurant and Bridget Dunford (Independent Film Editor)