Canadian obliteration and duplicate labels

Tom Lahoda tom.lahoda at TMCTECHNOLOGIES.COM
Thu Jun 9 08:04:28 EDT 2005

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure MMS to draw maps on GOES satellite imagery as a part of NOAA's CLASS project. Ken Tanaka has forwarded questions to the list for me before, but I figured it was more efficient to take the direct route instead of bouncing them through him. I'm having trouble eliminating duplicate labels from appearing in the image as can be seen here:

https://hail.tmctechnologies.com/~tlahoda/mms.html

As can also be seen in the images on that page  MMS has decided not to draw Canada and such in the image. Does anyone have any suggestions or know how to solve this problem or the duplicate labelling problem? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I've included the mapfile I'm using on the page along with various notes about things I've tried in solving this problem.

Also I have tried using the GRID directive to draw the lat/lon graticules with no success using the near-sided projection.

Thanks in advance,
Thomas Lahoda