Strategy for Debugging?

Richard A. Milewski ram at RAMPAGE.NET
Thu Jun 9 20:59:19 EDT 2005

I have a mapserver running that serves small maps to phone browsers.  On
some phones it fails, sending the following to the phone instead of the image:

<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>MapServer Message</TITLE></HEAD>
<!-- MapServer version 4.4.1 OUTPUT=GIF OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=GDAL
INPUT=SHAPEFILE -->
<BODY BGCOLOR="#FFFFFF">
getDouble(): Symbol definition error. Parsing error near ():(line 399) <br>
</BODY></HTML>
0

When this happens the entry in mapserver.log always ends in ",normal
execution".

Anybody know which file line 399 is in?

For most phones it works fine.  For phones using an Openwave 6 browser it
fails.   I can reproduce the error with the simulator in the Openwave SDK
6.2.2, but don't have a clue as to what to start looking for.   Can someone
point me in the right direction?

-- Richard