basic question - manipulating where query object results are displayed

Amy Morrell amy.morrell at GSFC.NASA.GOV
Thu Jun 16 12:36:07 EDT 2005

Hi,

I am very new to MapServer, and just using the basic set-up write now.  I
hope to start delving into perl mapscript soon, but not sure how that all
fits in.   Anyhow,  I have a query item working, but right now it replaces
my original Map window.  I would like to preferably, have an area on the
original map interface where query results (basic data from related .dbf
file) can be presented if the user did a query object?   I was thinking it
could toggle with my [legend] variable.  Is this possible?  How would I get
it to use the query-object template file for that specific layer?

The other option is to have it trigger a pop-up to a new window that
displays the result of the query-object.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much,
Amy