CGI error.

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Fri Jun 17 05:44:10 EDT 2005

This is probably due to a missing dependency.

Does mapserv.exe run from the command-line? Can you run mapserv.exe in the browser and does it come back with No query information etc.?

Otherwise check with a dependency tool like depends.

Best regards,

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT 015-7512436
email: BEN at

>>> Siddharth Parekh <sid.parekh at ERMAPPER.COM> 06/17/05 11:29am >>>
Hey everyone,
I downloaded Mapserver 4.4.1 ( from and installed it as described in the
On running a mapserver demo, it pops up with a crash message and then
browser displays error:
CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:
I even reinstalled everything from scratch, but no help.
I am installing it on Win XP SP2.
Any ideas?
Has this issue been resolved by someone?
Can someone throw some light on it?
Thanks in advance.

Siddharth Parekh
Programmer Analyst
ER Mapper
2 Abbotsford Street
West Leederville WA 6007
Tel: +61 8 9388 2900
Fax: +61 8 9388 2901
Email: Sid.Parekh at (ER Mapper Home) (Image Web Server) (Public Forum)
Just released: ER Mapper 7, Image Web Server 7,
RightWebMap 7 and ECW JPEG 2000 SDK 3.1
Visit for more information