Running different versions on Windows simultaneously

Jacob Delfos jacob.delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Sat Jun 18 03:11:44 EDT 2005

Bernd,

Thanks for your suggestions. I guess it would be possible, but to have
to change all extensions (and links) will be quite an administration.
And the problem with running on a different port is that some companies
(such as mine) tend to block all ports that are not standard....

regards,

Jacob

-----Original Message-----
From: Bernd Deckert
To: Jacob Delfos; MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Sent: 6/17/2005 6:24 PM
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Running different versions on Windows
simultaneously

Hey jacob,

First of all you do not nee to put your DLLs in windows System
directory.
You can put them to the root of php directory where you can find
php.exe.
So your hole system can work without setting the PATH variables.

Two differents ways to resolve your problem (testing different versions
of mapscript ):
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1.
You ca use different php directories (for exemple php4ms44 and php4ms46)
After that you use different php file extensions ( for exemple
.php4ms44 php4ms46)

In your configuration file of your webserver you need to associate the
file extension name to the right php.exe

in apache configuration file httpd.conf :

ScriptAlias /php4ms44/ "c:/yourpathtophp/php4ms44/"
   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4ms44
   Action application/x-httpd-php "/php4ms44/php.exe"

ScriptAlias /php4ms46/ "c:/yourpathtophp/php4ms46/"
   AddType application/x-httpd-php .php4ms46
   Action application/x-httpd-php "/php4ms46/php.exe"

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
2.
An other way is to use seperate web servers on differents ports (80; 81;
82; for exemple  http://localhost:90 <http://localhost:90>
http://yourdomain:97 <http://yourdomain:97> ) on the same domain witch
use differents php.exe
In this case you do not need different php file extension names.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Hope it helps,
Bernd
Bernd Deckert