Selecting rectangle as a query on a map

Bart van den Eijnden BEN at SYNCERA-ITSOLUTIONS.NL
Fri Jun 24 03:43:10 EDT 2005

Maarten,

two options in my opinion (among others for sure):

1) DBox (DHTML, javascript)

http://www.dnr.state.mn.us/maps/landview.html

2) Chameleon (PHP/Mapscript based webmapping toolkit)

http://chameleon.maptools.org

Best regards,
Bart

Bart van den Eijnden
Syncera IT Solutions
Postbus 270
2600 AG  DELFT

tel.nr.: 015-7512436
email: BEN at Syncera-ITSolutions.nl

>>> "Hoeven, Maarten van der" <Maarten.van.der.Hoeven at KNMI.NL> 06/24/05 09:12am >>>
Hi list,

I am running MapServer 4.6.0, with PHP Mapscript. All is working well
(with a slightly modified gMap75 demo).

But, I have a question about selecting a rectangle on the map, and to
zoom in to that rectangle. You know what I mean :)

I don't want to run Java applets, as I have to keep the application as
small as possible.

Does anyone have some pointers how to handle? Are there some
javascript-libraries available? Anyone has an example piece of php-code
in store?

All the best,
Maarten