Mapscript/Java Tomcat

Ajay Ranipeta sc0rp10nau at YAHOO.COM.AU
Mon Jun 27 06:33:36 EDT 2005

Hi Umberto,

Thx for the quick response. I've set the directory in the PATH variable, as
well as the CLASSPATH (thought this might help). I've pretty much run out of
ideas and this list is my last resort.  As mentioned before, wierd thing is,
it works fine as a standalone app, just not as a web-app under tomcat.

Now, I've followed your suggestion, and copied all the dll files (from
hobu's 4.4.2 zip file) to the system32 folder. Now this has been a bit of a
progress. Checking the tomcat log files, it says it has loaded the dll
successfully (got this from a System.out statement after the loadLibrary
statement). Now the next step, creating a map object (mapObj map = new
mapObj("path/to/map/file.map") ) throws the following error:

=== start error ===
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: new_mapObj
 edu.umn.gis.mapscript.mapscriptJNI.new_mapObj(Native Method)
 edu.umn.gis.mapscript.mapObj.<init>(mapObj.java:332)
=== end error ===

Any ideas?

cheers,
AJ