WMS image cache?

Doug Cates doug at MOXIMEDIA.COM
Wed Jun 29 16:20:13 EDT 2005

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to set up MapServer / Apache / Linux to
cache WMS GetMap requests? What I mean is that if MapServer receives the same
request as one recently sent from the same browser, that I'd like it to be
returned to the browser without re-processing and creating a new image. This
is for a real-time tracking application. Is it possible to set this up
server-side, or is this something that I'll need to do in my client
application?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug