OT: Why isn't PHP in Interactive Web Mapp ing

Paul Hastings paul at SUSTAINABLEGIS.COM
Wed Mar 2 05:00:56 EST 2005

Wouter Schaubroeck wrote:
> goodwill of volunteers? Or is Microsoft using its powers? Or Macromedia
> (Coldfusion)?

macromedia exerting evil influence like microsoft? well that's a new
one. if that were true, we'd be seeing flash everywhere--oops, we are! i
guess their subliminal mind control is wearing off ;-)

maybe it's because the major commericial players bundle cf (and asp)
connectors? perhaps because cf is easy/powerful enough to develop decent
GIS/db applications (and it integrates quite well w/java, so extendng it
is drop dead simple)?