Map Extent

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Thu Mar 3 04:46:18 EST 2005

Hi,

I don't know if I understood your question correctly ....

These type of files are not geo-referenced, so they don't come with extent
information.

Since you are calling it a worldmap, is the extent not just the whole
world (-180,-90,180,90 in deegrees)? What do you want to do with it, show
it in Mapserver (after conversion)? If it does not show the whole world,
just take an atlas or worldmap on internet to find out the coordinates,
eg:

http://www.wmsviewer.com/main.asp

Best regards,
Bart