php-mapscript: abnormal death

Dylan Keon keon at NACSE.ORG
Thu Mar 3 15:05:16 EST 2005

On 03/03/2005 11:34 AM, Mark Leslie wrote:
> I'm working with a php-mapscript application that, I'm told, used to
> work.  The problem I'm having now is that the script ofter dies on the
> $img->saveImage('') call.  Without this call, 'echo' prints values
> normally.  When the call is made, nothing is returned, no content, no
> headers.  I can output to the apache error log, and anything above the
> 'saveImage' call will be written properly, nothing after.  It  looks
> like php is being abruptly killed during the call and is unable to flush
> it's buffer or continue.  No error is reported by php.
>
> The application basically selects one of three sets of layers and
> creates graduated classes based on passed in range and color
> parameters.  I'm running on some version of redhat, php 4.3.8.  My
> mapserver version is as follows:
>
> MapServer version 4.5 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP OUTPUT=PDF
> SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=FREETYPE SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WMS_CLIENT
> SUPPORTS=WFS_SERVER SUPPORTS=WFS_CLIENT INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=POSTGIS
> INPUT=OGR INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE
>
> Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated,
> Mark

Mark,

Can you send along a code snippet so we can see the syntax?

Are you working with an application that was designed around a much
older version of MapServer (say, 3.6.x)?  If so, take a look at the
"saveImage() and saveWebImage()" section at
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MigrationGuide

You could also configure MapServer with --enable-debug to trap some more
information.

--Dylan