Can someone help

Bob Bruce covariance at SHAW.CA
Tue Mar 8 16:02:04 EST 2005

Right off the top of my head, this is what I recently did to select the
database attributes for the objects inside of the current map view:

1) $CurrentMapRectObj= $MyMapObj->extent;
2) $AlayerObj = $MyMapObj->getLayer(1); // (if you're querying on 2nd
layer in the map)
3) $AlayerObj->queryByRect($CurrentMapRectObj);
4) $NumObjects = $AlayerObj->getNumResults();
5) for($i=0; $i < $NumObjects; $i++) {
      $ThisCacheObj = $AlayerObj->getResult($i)
      $ThisShapeObj =  $AlayerObj->getShape($ThisCacheObj->tileindex,
$ThisCacheObj->shapeindex);
      $MyShapeAttribute = $ThisShapeObj->values["theattributename"];
      //
      //  Now connect to the database using mysql_connect and formulate
your
      //  query string based on $MyShapeAttribute and submit the SQL query
      //  and retrieve the results
      //
   }

I hope that this helps you.

Bob Bruce

On Mon, 7 Mar 2005 22:56:44 +0500, padmapriya balachandran
<abcpriya at LYCOS.COM> wrote:

>Hi all,
>      I am developing an application for satellite data availability
using Mapscript,PHP and MySQL.My .dbf file has path and row fields.
>My database contains information about pathrow,DateofPass,etc.
>
>I want to get information available in the database just by selecting the
area of interest in the mapfile.