Help with building python mapscript

Jon Saints saintsjd at YAHOO.COM
Tue Mar 8 18:07:58 EST 2005

If you are using debian sarge, binary packages of
mapserver with python support are already available in
the DebianGIS project repository.

Their home page will have the exacte URLS to include
in your /etc/apt/sources.list file.

http://pkg-grass.alioth.debian.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl

after adding the sources to you list, search for
mapserver in apt and install.  If you are looking for
a custom built mapserver this will not help.

Take care
Jon

--- Allan Hollander <adh at ICE.UCDAVIS.EDU> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to build python mapscript for mapserver
> 4.4.1 and it seems to
> be unable to find the OGR library. This is on Debian
> Sarge. Here's the
> error message when I run the test in
> mapscript/python/tests/cases:
>
> ---
>
> % python runalltests.py -v
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "runalltests.py", line 59, in ?
>     m = __import__(test)
>   File

"/usr/local/src/mapserver-4.4.1/mapscript/python/tests/cases/classtest.py",
> line 39, in ?
>     from testing import mapscript
>   File

"/usr/local/src/mapserver-4.4.1/mapscript/python/tests/cases/testing.py",