Multiple Versions Issue

Ken Lord kenlord at GMAIL.COM
Thu Mar 10 12:43:45 EST 2005

Hi Tim,

This will be my near daily reminder that if you use the mapserver
windows binaries 4.4.1 downloaded from the mapserver homepage, you
very likely will get the http header error, and the usual fixes will
not work to fix the problem. There may be a problem with how it was
compiled.

If you think this is the case for you, go to www.maptools.org/dl and
get their version of 4.4.1. Use the mapserv.exe and the dll's that are
within the zip files inside the main file you download from them.

This version has a larger .exe file that appears to have been compiled
to be less dependant on external dll's, and it works.

This has worked for me on a windows 2000 and windows XP SP1
installation, as well as for a few other people here on the list.

This is also my near daily reminder that the powers above should
remove/update the windows binary on the mapserver homepage.

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC