label in symbol?

blaise bpicinbono at WORLDONLINE.FR
Fri Mar 11 12:51:12 EST 2005

Le vendredi 11 Mars 2005 18:10, William K a écrit :
> I gave that a try.  It works, mostly.  I have to use the CC label
> position, or it will not be centered on the symbol, or the symbol may
> be drawn but the labelcache will cause the label to not be drawn.
No way to force it with mapscript ?

> So, works but kinda restricted (no auto placement).  At least for
> points and polygons.  CC position is probably OK for lines.
Very nice ! Same as you, I was well surprised when I saw this possibility, but
then, I don't remember why, I could not play with it as I wanted.
Now, when I want fine tuning labels, I use one or several design layers in
mapscript (annotation, symbol, ... ). But this means more code and synchro.
It would be better to have mapserver cope with it alone. Maybe by creating
symbols on the fly ?
Blaise