how to use java mapscript in tomcat4/jsp environment?

wlx wlx at MYGIS.ORG
Mon Mar 14 21:37:25 EST 2005

Hi list,
    I have compiled java mapscript with mapserver 4.4.1 in my system,but I
don't know how to use it. My system is Debian sarge,and I compiled mapserver
with:

  ./configure --with-gd=/usr --with-gdal=/usr/bin/gdal-config --with-ogr
--with-proj --with-threads
  make
  cd mapscript/java
  make
  make test
  cp *.so /usr/lib/jni/
  cp *.jar /usr/share/tomcat4/common/lib

Are there something wrong? I even copy the jar file to tomcat4
webapps/ROOT/WEB-INF/lib/.
But when I want to create a simple test jsp file with java mapscript, just
create a new mapObj,errors happened.

So is there a simple introduction with java mapscript or a simple example?

   Best wish,

Sincerely yours,

Liangxu Wang