WFS filter query

Bart van den Eijnden bartvde at XS4ALL.NL
Tue Mar 15 11:55:33 EST 2005

Hi,

if you use the HTTP GET interface, you need to provide the same filter, so
for my situation:

http://myserver/cgi-bin/mapserv.exe?map=/ms4w/apps/general/map/provincies.map&SERVICE=WFS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=GetFeature&TYPENAME=Provincies&FILTER=<ogc:Filter><ogc:BBOX><PropertyName>MS_GEOMETRY</PropertyName><gml:Box><gml:coordinates>121000,469000
140000,470000</gml:coordinates></gml:Box></ogc:BBOX></ogc:Filter>

You do need to specify the propertyName *inside the BBOX filter*, this is
the spatial column, Mapserver has a default of MS_GEOMETRY, which you can
also see by doing a DescribeFeatureType request on your WFS. This is
something else than the propertyName *outside the Filter* which you are
talking about, which can be used to only retrieve some attributes, which
is however not implemented in Mapserver.

Did you try adapting my example for your situation? I don't use the wfs
namespace (GetFeature instead of wfs:GetFeature), and don't provide the
XML header which you do.

Is GetCapabilities and DescribeFeatureType working?

Good luck.

Best regards,
Bart