puzzling error message: arString(): Unable to access file. adLabelString()

Bruce Raup brauplists at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 15 18:42:13 EST 2005

I have narrowed down my problem (described below).  I repeatedly built
MapServer, adding more features each time, and it worked until I added
phpmapscript:

             --with-php=/usr/include/php                \
             --with-php-regex-dir=/home/braup/Builds/php-4.3.4/regex

It appears that the error messages in memory are not being handled
properly, as each unsuccessful build, the details of the message
changed.  Now it is

  "sLoadMapString(): Unable to access file. on() "

I think someone else recently wrote with a similar problem with php
mapscript.  If this isn't already a known bug, should I do something
other than this message to report it?  Are there any work-arounds?

Thanks,
Bruce