Problems getting MapServer Demo to work

Gail Millin Gail.Millin at MANCHESTER.AC.UK
Wed Mar 16 05:07:01 EST 2005

Hi All!

I have been attempting to install the MapServer Demo. I tested the CGI
program is running correctly by pointing the URL to http://localhost/cgi-
bin/mapserv.exe and the

No query information to decode. QUERY_STRING is set, but empty

Message has appeared which as I understand it means the program is running
fine?

I have attempted trying to get mapserver to work with two different demos
off the website but with no avail. The older demo contained within the
Itasca folder I pointed the URL to http://localhost/itasca/demo_init.html,
when I press the Initialize button I get the following error: -

The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of
HTTP headers

I have no idea what is causing this error, I have double checked all my
edits in the demo files and they look fine.

The second demo I tried is contained in the workshop folder and I pointed
the URL to http//localhost/workshop/index.html and pressed initialize and
the message page cannot be found is presented.

The version of MapServer I am using is MapServer 4.4.1 I have installed the
workshop demo for 4.4.1 and also the older demo for 3.6.6. I would
appreciate any help on this as I have been trying to figure out what is
happening for a couple of days on and off.

Thanks in Advance

Gail

Gail Rebecca Millin

Geodata Interoperability Support Officer

MIMAS

Manchester Computing

The University of Manchester

Oxford Road